Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Calcio e Cappuccino

Two things that I've learned to love in Italy that I would have never experienced in the States. . . Calcio (soccer) and cappuccinos. I told myself that when I got to Italy I would make myself like cappuccinos. Turned out it wasn't as hard as I was expecting. Now when I go to sleep at night I think, "I can't wait to get up so I can have another cappuccino." The cafe downstairs is the best, Rinaldo and his wife Nella are so precious and make us great food. With my cappuccino I love getting nutella filled cornettos. They are delicious!

Calcio has never been my sport. I have always loved and played basketball. But I'm really excited to be playing, it's a lot of fun. I am the Navy team, we are awesome. Tonight was our second game and we won again! 2 - 0. Lots of people are getting hurt though, I pulled a muscle, the least of the injuries. Some people are getting smacked down. But it's all fun. We move from court to court and watch everyone's  games. It gets really intense.

We have games every week on Wednesdays and then there are the playoffs. I'm pretty sure it will just get more intense as we go along, but it's a blast. Love my team and love the sport. I also got my favorite number, 11! I should also be going to a Roma game in a couple weeks, so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment