Thursday, March 25, 2010

How I accidentally lost weight in Italy

I should be writing this post about Istanbul. Don't worry I will. It was too amazing to not share it with all of you.

But... this is just too weird to not tell. Somehow since being here I have lost weight.

At first, I thought it was because I had worn the same pair of jeans a million times in a row and they were stretched out. But then the comments from my friends started coming in. "Katherine, you look so skinny!" "Katherine, did you lose weight?" Then when my friend Bridget came and visited and she noticed as well, I figured something was up.

It was also suspicious when I received a pair of jeans from home that hadn't been worn since January that were also looser on me. 

But I mean really, how could I lose weight, in Italy of all places?
I mean on a weekly basis I eat . . . bread, pasta, more bread, more pasta, yogurt, cornflakes in the yogurt, cornettos, peanut butter, more bread, nutella, oranges, more pasta, some salad, corn, more nutella, random pastries, more peanut butter, some pizza, lots and lots of gelato . . . yeah this isn't adding up is it?

Well, finally when three more of my friends commented that they could tell I had lost weight, I finally got on the scale and after making my conversions from kilograms to pounds, the verdict is in. I have lost weight, more than I would have expected. But I really don't get it. I mean yes I do walk a lot here. I hate Mensa (the food at school and don't eat a ton of it) but it's not like I don't eat. Perhaps carrying my big travel backpack had something to do with it? Haha, I have no idea.

I don't say any of this to rub it in people's faces or worry my family. Don't worry I'm still a healthy weight. I just find it so odd. But seriously, go look at some of my photos. You can see my pants falling off of me.

Who knew I would lose weight in Italy... I never thought in a million years.

1 comment:

  1. And how is it that no one has figured this out yet? We should ALL go to Italy and relive Katherine's experiences (Tunisia, Istanbul, Rome, etc) to lose weight...it's the Perfect Weight Loss Plan! Congrats Katherine!! xoxoxoxox Peggy

    ReplyDelete