Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2 suitcases, 5 months

It's hard fitting your life in two suitcases. That's why I have to keep telling myself the next 5 months of my life are not going to be like any other months I have experienced, so it's ok to not take my Sion shorts or Loyola shirts. I have to live differently.

It's hard to believe this journey is about to begin. I've been planning this for so long, it's strange for it to finally be happening. Of course I can't even express how incredibly excited I am to be going. It will be life changing, wonderful, intense, crazy, and beautiful.

I feel very lucky to have some of my best friends going with me. As I'm sure you will be hearing about in many of my posts there are Adri, Marriam, and Josh. As the semester starts they will be my core, but I can't wait to meet so many new amazing people.

Tomorrow I will be leaving KC, going to Chicago, and probably picking up some Garrett's popcorn as I travel between Midway and O'hare. And then Rome Friday morning.

I think it will be good for me to have this blog, not only so people can keep up with me, but also for reflection. I do write in a journal, but this will be a different and important way of recording the trip and my thoughts.

I will be in touch soon!

2 comments:

  1. KATHERINE,

    WE WISH YOU WELL. HAVE A SAFE TRIP AND REMEMBER WE LOVE YOU.

    GRANDMA & GRANDPA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine, hope it's everything you want it to be & more. We'll be keeping up with your posts! Landa

    ReplyDelete