Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Assisi and beyond

Ciao,

It seems like forever ago since I wrote and I don't even know where to begin on what to say about everything. Things are good. The trip to Assisi was a great time to bond with everybody more on the trip. It was such a small beautiful town and lots of fun to explore. People's names are starting to stick in my head more, but there are still a lot to learn.

It will be interesting how the next couple of weeks pan out with classes starting. My first day of classes is tomorrow. I have three, History, Italian, and Film. I'm also taking a Roman Art class, which I'm pretty excited about as well. I bought the majority of my books today. I also went to the Post Office to turn in all my paperwork to officially be legal in the country. And we might also have to go to the Police station in a couple of weeks to get fingerprinted. Lots to do.

I've been down in the neighborhood a bunch more now and slowly learning my way. I like going out in the city. It can become overwhelming at points, but it's fun to explore, get lost, and then realize where you are. I bought a map and have been looking at all the places I want to go and see. A few of us tried to find the Pantheon tonight, but were not successful. I'm thinking it will be good to go during the day though. I just need to dedicate a whole day to Rome.

The Rome Center is becoming a bit more like home. I like having Marriam as my roommate, I know I have a little place I can come back to at night and just breathe. Right now a ton of people are downstairs in one of the main hang out areas, Rinaldo's. It's where everyone gets WiFi. So I am successfully on my Mac, but I still haven't been able to upload any of my pictures to Facebook yet. I'm going to put a few in here as well, but I want them to go up so everyone can see them.

So I have officially almost been here a week and on the one hand it already feels like I have been here for a month, but on the other I can't believe it. I think there is still lots of adjusting going on for everyone, but Rome and Italy are so beautiful. I loved traveling from Rome to Assisi, listening to my music on the bus and looking at the countryside. Assisi was so beautiful! I would love to live there. We went on a 3 mile hike all uphill on Monday, it killed my legs, but the view from the top was spectacular.

At night, we found this great wine bar in one of the main piazza's, where a ton of students were. It was a lot of fun as well.

But going to start getting ready for my first day of classes tomorrow. Wish me luck! I will update and upload photos as soon as I can.

Love
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment