Friday, January 15, 2010

First Day

This has been without a doubt the longest 36 hours of my life. I haven't slept except for like 2 hours on the plane, or maybe it was longer, I'm not sure.

Since getting here, everything has been in some weird time warp. My biological clock is so off, it's gotten to the point where I feel constantly dizzy. I know sleep will eventually soon be in my future. I will definitely admit that I'm feeling extremely overwhelmed with everything going on. I know it's only the first day though, and that's just how this goes.

The weather is really nice here, it might only be 50 degrees, but it feels much warmer, especially with seeing palm trees everywhere. That is really nice. It doesn't quite feel like I'm in Rome yet though cause I haven't been down into the city. But a bunch of us are planning on doing that tomorrow, which should be a good time. There are so many students here, it feels like a lot more than 250. But 250 is a lot.

We went on a little walk of the neighborhood today, nothing too big though. We will be doing more tomorrow. I think each day will get a little bit better. Right now it is overwhelming just thinking of everything that needs to be done, unpacked, organized, bought, etc etc.

But it is nice to have my phone working, a connection to the outside world. To the real outside world. Because I really feel like I'm in another universe. I will post soon.

Love
Katherine

1 comment:

  1. Katherine,

    It is good to hear from you. Glad everything is going ok. It will probably take a few days to adjust to the time change.

    Keep us posted on the blog.

    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete