Saturday, January 16, 2010

Piazza di Spagna

Ciao!
It's amazing the miracles sleep can do. Today was a lot of fun. We went and explored the neighborhood a lot more. There are so many cute places, I can't wait to go to all of them. When I woke up this morning I totally had forgotten I was in Rome. I was having some dream about being home and to wake up and see out the window that beautiful courtyard was awesome and really confusing all at the same time.

It doesn't feel like January here. I mean it gets cold in the evenings, but during the day when the sun is out you don't even need a jacket. I'm still amazed by how many kids are here and from other schools. There are a lot from SLU and Marquette, also a few from San Fransisco. I know I will eventually learn who everyone is, but it will take awhile.

So tonight we had a huge group of people go into the city. We found the bus stop and took it down. We weren't exactly sure where to get off, but we ended up getting off at the right spot. Then we kind of got lost, but there were so many of us, it was fun. Rome is strange with the fact that one minute you are walking down a really narrow street with nothing around you and the next thing you know you are standing in front of the Spanish steps! We also went to the Trevi fountain and other random places but I'm not sure exactly of the name. I can't wait to see more sites around Rome. Going to this famous places makes me believe I'm in Europe.

I got my first Italian gelato tonight too. Delicious. Nutella. The best thing ever! I'm using my Italian, I want to get better. I asked a random woman for directions and talked to the cab driver a little bit. It's all good practice. Everyone seems pretty friendly so far. Of course they know we are Americans, but I feel like as long as we are trying to speak the language they will talk to us.

Tomorrow morning we leave for Assisi. We will be there for 3ish days. I'm really excited to go. It's up in the mountains so it will be colder, but apparently there is a great hike we can go on and I think that will just be beautiful. So I won't be updating for a little while because I will be there.

It's also my plan to get my pictures up online as soon as possible. My mac is not online yet, so I've been using the computers in the lab. No one has figured out wireless it seems. Soon enough. But I do have photos!

Buona notte!

1 comment:

  1. Wow.....I had no idea you're on a grand aventure but thrilled to see/hear about you and the life abroad!! Tell your Dad he needs to expand his agency to Italy and we'll all rendezvous there!!! I'll definitely forward to Abbey whose in San Fran.......Love, Jim Drake

    ReplyDelete